Both augmented reality and business intelligence (BI) can be used in combination to improve the operations of organizations. These are five examples of AR and BI working together:
- Visualizing data: BI tools can be used to store, analyze, and collect data from many sources such as customer behavior, sales transactions, financial performance, and customer behavior. AR allows users to explore and visualize the data in 3D environments. This makes it more engaging and interactive. An AR app could show sales data on a map. Different regions would be represented using different colors and sizes to indicate their performance. This allows users to quickly identify patterns and trends and help them make better decisions.
- Training and onboarding: The BI tools are able to track employees’ progress and pinpoint areas that need extra training or support. AR can be used to provide training in an immersive and interactive manner. This allows employees to do the work, rather than reading or watching videos. An AR app could help employees practice tasks and get feedback. This will help employees learn faster, retain more information, and reduce the chance of making mistakes.
- Maintenance and repair: The BI tools are used to monitor equipment’s performance and to identify problems that need to addressed. AR can be used for maintenance and repair, giving technicians real-time instructions and guidance. An AR app could overlay a 3D model on top of real-world equipment, showing technicians where components are and how to assemble them. Technicians will be able to complete tasks faster and with less errors, which can improve efficiency and decrease downtime.
- Customer service: BI tools are useful for tracking customer interactions and identifying areas that can be improved. AR can be used by customers to provide personalized and interactive assistance. AR apps could be used to offer virtual assistance to customers. This would allow them to solve their problems and get answers quickly without waiting for a human representative. This could increase customer satisfaction and loyalty as well as decrease the workload of customer service staff.
- Marketing and sales: BI tools are useful for monitoring the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, and identifying areas that could be improved. AR can enhance sales and marketing by providing interactive and engaging experiences to potential customers. An AR app could be used to show a product in virtual environments, so customers can see how it functions in different settings. Customers can gain a better understanding of the product, and how it suits their needs. This can increase sales.
AR and BI can be combined to give organizations more precise and actionable insight, and improve efficiency and effectiveness in various business processes. Organizations can use the strengths of both technologies to make better decisions and achieve greater results.