Virtual Reality (VR), a computer-generated three-dimensional environment or image that can be interacted in a real-world or physical manner by someone using special electronic equipment such as a headset or gloves with sensors. VR allows the user to immerse themselves in an artificial environment that allows them to experience things they may not be able or practical in the real world.
Augmented Reality (AR), a technology that overlays a computer-generated animation or image on the user’s perception of the real world to create a composite view. AR improves the user’s view of the real world through digital information.
These are five uses cases of VR:
- Gaming: VR can be used for immersive gaming experiences that allow players to feel as though they are in the game’s world.
- Education: VR can be used for interactive educational experiences such as virtual field trips and simulations of historic events.
- Training: VR can help people learn in many fields such as medicine, aviation and the military. It can be used to provide training environments that are safe and realistic.
- Therapy: VR can help with phobias and other psychological issues.
- Entertainment: VR can create immersive entertainment experiences such as movies or concerts.
These are five uses for AR:
- Navigation: AR can provide information and directions about the surroundings such as landmarks and parking spots.
- Retail: AR can also be used to give customers more information, such as the size and color options available, and pricing.
- Education: AR can be used by educators to provide additional information on the subject being studied.
- Marketing: AR can help you create immersive experiences for customers that will engage them and increase brand awareness.
- Medicine: AR can help surgeons with complex procedures and to train medical students.
AR and VR both have the potential to transform real life by giving users additional information or experiences that enhance their understanding of the world. These technologies can be used to create interactive and immersive experiences that are impossible in the real world. They also allow people to communicate and learn from each other.