Secure Access Service Edge (SASE), is a new way for organizations to approach network security. Network security was traditionally implemented using on-premises hardware such as firewalls or virtual private networks (VPNs), that are intended to protect an organization’s perimeter. SASE is a cloud-based security solution that unites security and networking functions.
SASE’s key benefit is its ability provide secure access from any location, at any time. Software-defined networking (SDN), and network functions virtualizations (NFV) technologies allow organizations to rapidly and easily deploy security and network services in the cloud. Organizations can scale their security capabilities easily without the need to have complex infrastructure.
SASE’s focus on identity management and access management is another key feature. IAM is typically implemented in a separate layer of traditional security models, where users can access resources using usernames and passwords. SASE integrates IAM into the security solution, which allows organizations to control access to resources more easily based on context and user identity. Multifactor authentication (MFA), as well as other security measures, can be enforced to make sure that only authorized users have access to sensitive resources.
SASE provides secure access to resources and also assists organizations in protecting against cyber threats. It uses a variety security measures including firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IPS), security information and management (SIEM), tools, and more. These security measures can be used to detect and prevent cyberattacks, and provide visibility into an organization’s security status.
A cloud-based web security gateway is one example of a SASE option. These solutions allow organizations to control all web traffic from one place, which allows them to enforce security policies and protect themselves against any web-based threats. This allows you to block malicious websites and prevent data leaks. It also controls access to sensitive information.
A cloud-based VPN is another example. This allows users to connect securely to the company’s network from anywhere they are using a variety devices. This is especially useful for distributed workers, since it allows employees to access resources remotely and without the need for complicated infrastructure.
These are five examples of use cases:
- Secure remote access: SASE allows secure access to resources anywhere and at any time using a variety devices. This is especially useful for distributed organizations, which allow employees to access resources remotely without the necessity of complex infrastructure.
- Protection against web-based threats: A web security gateway that is cloud-based can be part of a SASE solution. It provides a single point for control over all web traffic. This allows organizations to enforce security policies and protect themselves against web-based attacks. This allows you to block malicious websites and prevent data leaks. It also gives you control over access to sensitive information.
- SASE solutions are a way to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. They provide visibility into an organization’s security posture, and enable them to implement security controls that comply with regulatory standards. SASE solutions, for example, can be used to enforce data privacy laws, such as the General Data Protection Regulation in the EU.
- SASE solutions are a way to help organizations protect themselves against cyber attacks. They use a variety security measures including firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IPS) and security information and management (SIEM). These measures can be used to detect and prevent cyberattacks, and provide visibility into an organization’s security position.
- Improve user experience: SASE solutions are a single, integrated solution that provides security and networking. This will make it simpler for users to use the resources they require and reduce the complexity of managing multiple security systems. A cloud-based VPN, for example, can be used to securely connect to an organization’s network from any place, using multiple devices and without the need to have complex infrastructure.
SASE is a paradigm shift in the way organizations approach network security. Organizations can use the power of cloud computing and integrate security into their network to provide secure access from any location, anytime. This will also help protect against cyber threats. This allows organizations to be more responsive to changing business requirements and reduces the complexity and costs of maintaining a security infrastructure on their premises.